Do you know if your're losing your memory?

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
I know I do make quite a lot of difference to my mother's circumstances and happiness. If I didn't, obviously there'd be no point to any of all this at all.

As for the keys, she has a right to choose to whom she gives keys. My brother put a key-safe by her door, when she wasn't in a position to choose (he had no idea she was going to get so much better), because that was required by the private carers he had hired, who turned out to be useless anyway.

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Margarita said:
Just a thought - why not go to the jewellers , & ask then to engrave your mum name & address on a gold plate, get a nice chain & put it around your mum neck,

The necklace is a good idea, but if I may add a cautionary note, putting her address on it might enable 'wrong' people to gain access to Mum's house. Perhaps Name + your (Lila's) phone numbers?

Lila said:
... there are so many pieces of paper, by her bed, on the fridge door, the dining table is covered with them.
Oh Lila, I do SO know what you mean!! Does your Mum 'save' everything too? Stamps, silver paper, 'useful' plastic containers. I have to try to sneak them into the recycling bin when she's in the bathroom!

Best wishes

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
I gave up on the rubbish bags. "Doing the rubbish" is one of my mother's few remaining hobbies. So it's all hers. It's her house anyway, and so is everything in it.

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
Necklace

I think everyone round there knows by now who she is and where she belongs anyway. They probably all know how to open the key-safe too!

Of course it'll be a different story when she moves, we'll have to do a lot of re-thinking.

Lila

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilsonyati