Do you even care?

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Just reading this thread reminds me that I should record some of those old films as I could certainly do with a wee bit of romance - sadly lacking now I'm afraid

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Just reading this thread reminds me that I should record some of those old films as I could certainly do with a wee bit of romance - sadly lacking now I'm afraid

I don't know if you're familiar with online shopping, but if there's an old film I'd like, I look on Am*zon, at the "used" section. People sell their DVDs on another site, and then here they are offered for sale. They've probably only been watched once or twice. The postage is always £1.26, and my best bargain was when I bought The Godfather 5-disc set, which was released about 10 years ago.

Because it was enclosed in a case, it was classed as one item. As well as the £1.26 postage I paid the princely sum of ....... 37p! :D I had about 15 hours of viewing, complete with subtitles, for £1.63. :) So if there's an old film you'd like to watch, have a decko on here, and you'll get a bargain.

I love the way in these old films, that when there's a Big Romantic Moment, and they've grasped each other, and their lips meet, the camera then pans to the sky ......................

Annebags

Sep 2, 2014
Essex
I have never thought about this before but yes, it is very true. I used to care, I campaigned, I went on marches, in short, I had a life. Now my every waking thought (and sometimes sleeping) is how will something affect mum? If no affect, no further thought. My life seems to be PD (pre-dementia) and POD (post dementia). I think this is normal.

Mum has now gone into a nursing home and various people tell me I should be glad because I "have my life back". But she still has dementia and I still care, albeit in a less-intensive form. I have no energy for "my life" whatever that is. I do attempt to see the few friends I have left but it is a real effort not to talk about mum all the time because that is all that concerns me.

This is not meant to be a rant. I realise that others are far worse off than me. But it is not just the caree who has dementia, the carer has it too.

Hervieux

Mar 31, 2014
South Wiltshire
Oh how wonderful it is for others to say exactly what I am feeling,lack of energy to do everything that needs doing,lack of basic interest in anything,not even feeling able to phone friends because......what do I have to say?You have all described my days,my nights,making him a cup of tea at 3am because he is sorting his clothes all over the bed,yet again.Thank heavens we have our own rooms,but I always hear him.Just as we woke when our babies woke,so we wake for our husbands/mothers et al.And then our friends sympathise,say "how awful for you"etc.,but how can anyone truly know the sheer utter monotony of our lives.Remembering all the wonderful,happy,fun filled years makes todays days seem endless........where does the laughter go I wonder?Once again,bless you all,all you wonderful folk who are so wise and full of information re. claiming assistance etc.Thank you all.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point