Do police not get dementia training?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
There are unsavoury humans in all walks of life and I wish the same publicity was given to police and others who show nothing but kindness.

I had cause to ask for police help on a few occasions when my husband went walkabout . The police who helped find him were wonderful and very understanding.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I agree but you expect that from the police - when they react like that, it really throws you.

Long-Suffering

Jul 6, 2015
Police or not, you'd expect any normal HUMAN BEING not to throw an elderly and possibly Alzheimer's sufferer to the ground and stomp on him! *******s.

LS

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
I agree with granny G when I was having problems with OH the police were fantastic and so kind to both me and my husband and handled a difficult situation with understanding don't let a couple of horrible human beings make everyone mistrustful of asking them for help.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
My experience was also a positive one. When Bill went missing we had dog handlers and other officers in the house and out looking for him. Every one of them was kind and efficient. I couldn't have asked for more. A while back Nitram (I think) put a out on one of the threads about a force which has a specific form which is used in relation to missing persons who may have dementia.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Their are good and bad in all walks of life.
I sincerely hope those ....... are dealt with Very severely and that that poor man recovers fully after being assaulted by the boys in blue who we should be able to trust.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
As others have said, there are good and bad in all walks of life. Personally, I feel there is more good than bad. But shining a light on bad behaviour is a good thing. These officers needed to be brought to justice.