Do anyone know what this may mean

Lorraineg

Nov 30, 2011
Bristol, England
My mum has severe alzeimers and recently she has started to sweat at night and is losing weight 3lb's in ten days do anyone know what this means or have had a similar situation. Mum is 81 and goes out everyday still although she has many metal health problem's to do with alzeimer's.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
None of us are qualified except by the experience of caring ourselves. I would ring up the doctor and ask for an appointment as it could be any number of things causing this problem. Your mind would be set at rest if a doctor had a good look at what could be an underlying thing causing the symptoms you describe. It is too easy for us to put everything down to dementia as many other underlying diseases could be causing a problem.

Best wikshes to you and your mum.

xxTinaT

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Can I echo what everyone else said? I think this is much less likely to be the dementia than something else so I would be making an urgent appointment with her GP.

Nebiroth

Aug 20, 2006
This needs to be assessed by a GP - urgently. There are a very large range of conditions that can cause this, some are harmless, others much more serious.

Sudden weight loss which cannot be explained is something that must never be ignored. We do not lose weight for no reason.