Dizziness in the Morning

Ceecee4

Oct 26, 2015
Hi, my father in law is in the early stages and is going through dizziness and foggyness in the mornings, sometimes losing his balance and generally feeling not upto much. This seems to fade after a few hours and he is ok. It does not happen every day either, some days he is just a little slow. Is this usual with Alzheimers or is this something else. The doctor came out to see him last week after a bad turn and checked him over saying very little and leaving us in the dark about why he is like this. Any ideas? Thanks

Ktom

May 29, 2015
We experienced dizziness in my father in law. We were advised that his brain needed lots of calories due to it being overworked. We were told to make sure he eats every 2 hours. So he snacks through the day and the dizziness has stopped. It may work for you?

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi Ceecee, I haven't got dementia ( I hope, but I've had exactly those symptoms, plus nausea, recently. It was a viral infection of the middle ear. I would get a GP to check just in case. Not that you can do much about it, but tablets to take away some of the symptoms.

Mrsbusy

Aug 15, 2015
What medication does be taken? Does he have blood pressure problems. Drinking a glass of water helps to raise the blood pressure if it's too low.

Does he feel better once he has taken his tablets? Maybe he needs to take them earlier before he gets out of bed. Even leaving him a biscuit to eat before he gets up may help.