Disruptive sleep and confusion - sudden change

Brother47

Jan 18, 2020
We have an Amazon Echo show.
I believe they have an eight inch screen model now
you need broadband but I presume it is at the property to work your surveillance system.
Its great for drop in calls! ( you tube can most likely give more information?
Another thing you could enquire about would be toothache, it’s so sad when someone has toothache and is unable to Communicate it!
No there's no broadband at the property. My brother has never been interested in it. The Checking System that's in there doesn't need it https://justchecking.co.uk. It has sensors over the doors and records activity. We can log in to this and look at his movement around the home. Social Services put it in some time ago when they were concerned that he may not be sleeping and possibly wandering outside. It was put in free for 6 weeks but hasn't been removed because of the CV19 situation. I thought of keeping it on but its quite expensive at around £90 a month (£3 a day). Yes, it is sad and frustrating when you know something is wrong but they can't tell you what it is. Thank you for your suggestions.

Last edited:

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I buy my mum fruit pots in the desert pots section - next to jelly and angel delight pots - carers say she really likes them - they add them to her cereal sometimes - they are quite sweet - but dementia is meant to emphasise sweet tooth

Brother47

Jan 18, 2020
I buy my mum fruit pots in the desert pots section - next to jelly and angel delight pots - carers say she really likes them - they add them to her cereal sometimes - they are quite sweet - but dementia is meant to emphasise sweet tooth
He had a fruit pot today and seemed to enjoy it so the carer reported and she's given him the first dose of Fibrogel. She's making him an apple and rhubarb crumble for tomorrow.
Prunes yoghurt is worth a try too, and helps keeps you 'regular'.
Thanks yes, I have those. I'll ask the carer to get some for him.