Discharge from hospital

lovey11

Apr 30, 2017
My Oh was taken to hospital on Saturday evening and I to have been unable to see him. He has had a very high temperature but no cough. Been treated with antibiotics but has been confirmed as having Covid-19 this morning. It has been horrendous. The conversation was had with me on Sunday that he would not be put on ventilation as he would not cope with it because of his dementia. He has had someone with him while in isolation but they phoned this morning to say the were sending him home. I explained that om his sole carer and am already self isolating and that social distancing impossible to achieve. They say he is well enough not to be in hospital and if I don't take him home somewhere else will have to be found as they need the bed and probably the nurse who is with him. I don't know what to do as I am worried for myself and my family. I'm also concerned if anything should happen to me who would care for John as he has no family of his own I have refused to have him home so they have postponed it until Friday morning

Last edited:

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I’m sorry to read about your OH @lovey11 . I’m pleased that the hospital has agreed to keep him until Friday. From what I understand he should no longer be contagious by then.

Everything is so worrying now. I hope you stay well.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @lovey11.

I’m so sorry to read about your situation. I do hope all goes well on Friday.

I’m glad you have found this forum. Keep posting. I know you will get lots of help and support here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger