disappearing birhdays

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
disappearing birthdays

hi
just wondering whats happened to the calender?
it seems to have deleted all the birthdays?
any ideas anyone how do we check on who's birthday it is now?

thanks donna

Last edited:

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
thanks aine

but why remove it when people use it?

could we have a poll perhaps see how often its used
thanks

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
I am sure that if the calendar is used, we can get it up and running again - didn't know that it had disappeared.
Don't worry.
Love Helen

alex

Apr 10, 2006
I hope the calendar is not removed as i use it ..............and i know lots of other members use it too.

Love Alex

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Thanks Nada - it's all a case of what people have got used to doing - some use the cake, don't know about the calendar - some use the calendar , don't know about the cake. As long as there is a way to know when peoples birthdays are coming up - that seems to be what is important. As I use neither, and just wait for someone else to start a Birthday thread(!!!) - I'm just going to wait and see what happens.
Wish TP came with a clear rule book and instructions ;) - there's so much I am sure that many of us are missing just cos we don't know it is there.
Anyone else got any uses for the calendar - secret assignations:) , dates in the Afternoon tea room.
Love Helen

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi everyone

blame me, I'm afraid! I was trying to get it to work correctly yesterday after the initial questions about it, and nothing seemed to change when I tried to correct it.

Apparently things must have changed afterwards, for the worse.

I've delved in there again just now and it looks ok-ish. Please yell if not!

Try it now!

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Amy said:
Wish TP came with a clear rule book and instructions
TP uses a standard piece of forum software that is used by many other organisations - for instance there is a forum dedicated to the new Windows system called Vista, and that uses the same software as TP, though it looks a little different http://www.vista-xp.co.uk/forums/

The forum software is complex and I think most of us would echo your wish!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Bruce. Recent posts, requesting the Calendar be updated, have succeeded in drawing my attention to a facility I was unaware of!! Love Sylvia x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Me too! Although I was aware of the birthday cakes.

But my birthday has come up on the wrong day, 29 instead of 30 Oct. I've checked my profile, and It's OK there. Or am I being stupid?

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hello skye

no, not stupid, just misreading the calendar, which I agree is not as clear as it might be.

Day and date are as per attached. Hope it is clear...?

Attachments

• cal.jpg
    cal.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 506

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Takes one to know one Hazel.

I`ve just entered mine in the 18th March instead of the 19th and can`t delete it.

I`m beginning to feel like my grandmother who prefered a `cold slab` to a fridge.

Love Sylvia x

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Grannie G said:

I`ve just entered mine in the 18th March instead of the 19th and can`t delete it.

I`m beginning to feel like my grandmother who prefered a `cold slab` to a fridge.

Love Sylvia x

You haven't got a cake either Sylvia :D

I thought the birthdays on the calendar were picked up from the personal profiles ie if you entered your date of birth on your profile then it would go on the calendar (along with a cake!)

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Grannie G said:

Love Sylvia x

You haven't got a cake either Sylvia. Are you on a diet :D

I thought the birthdays that appeared on the calendar were picked up from user profiles ie if someone puts their birthday on their profile then it appears on the calendar (along with a cake!)

Brenda

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Grannie G said:

Love Sylvia x

You haven't got a cake either Sylvia. Are you on a diet :D

I thought the birthdays that appeared on the calendar were picked up from user profiles ie if someone puts their birthday on their profile then it appears on the calendar (along with a cake!)

Brenda

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
How long have I been around TP. 3 years I think. Never, ever thought to look at "Calendar"

I have ofter picked up on birthdays from the botton of the Home page.

You learn something new every day.

ps. I am sure the disappearing birthdays have all been given to me. I never knew I was this old.