Disability Facilities Grant

cake4tea

Jan 22, 2014
Hi

We had the OT out for our 85 year old mom as she can not now use the shower over the bath and needs a level access shower since having an ileostomy in August 2018. We had a letter from the OT stating that she has been recommended to the grant team for a lower level access shower. Apparenty the Disabled Facilitiy Grant is means tested. Can anybody tell me how this is done. Do they take into account all her savings as she is a widow, dad having died 5 years ago. I am her fulltime carer and retired and my sister is currently unemployed, are our savings taken into account?

I been looking for a copy of the Disability facilities grant form but cannot find one. does anyone have a link?

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
They will take into account her saving, but not yours.

You might like to get some quotes from a domestic plumber- My sister ( stroke survivor not dementia) had same, and when all was all they DID award her a grant, but her contribution was to be £12K !! ( And it wasn't complicated- downstairs bathroom off the kitchen!)

la lucia

Jul 3, 2011
The building materials for disabled facilities are exempt from VAT so make sure you are not charged for this. There's a simple form that can be downloaded from the government website but some builders will already have it sorted and ready to go.

Hi

We had the OT out for our 85 year old mom as she can not now use the shower over the bath and needs a level access shower since having an ileostomy in August 2018. We had a letter from the OT stating that she has been recommended to the grant team for a lower level access shower. Apparenty the Disabled Facilitiy Grant is means tested. Can anybody tell me how this is done. Do they take into account all her savings as she is a widow, dad having died 5 years ago. I am her fulltime carer and retired and my sister is currently unemployed, are our savings taken into account?

I been looking for a copy of the Disability facilities grant form but cannot find one. does anyone have a link?