• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Dinner

Daisy1950

May 20, 2020
Tonight, again my husband failed to identify what he was eating. It was lamb but he thought maybe gammon or pork. When given gammon he's said it's chicken. Why do I bother to cook different meat, always with chips & green beans? I'm veggie and would love for someone to cook for me.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Did he enjoy the meal though?
I think its more important that he had a varied diet and enjoys it, than he can identify it.
What does it mater whether or not he can put a name to it?

Star of the Orient

May 20, 2020
That must feel very disheartening. This may sound stupid but have you got a cookbook giving photos of lamb, chicken etc, perhaps if you show him the recipe too as well as the photo he may remember the type of meat. I love fish and my husband with dementia wants meat and puddings all the time. I am a member of a slimming club as I like to stay slim, he is very thin and needs more calories, so I always cook 2 meals. It would feel so good to be appreciated but now I feel a little heartened when I hit on any form of success with food. At least he eats it which will do him good.

Daisy1950

May 20, 2020
Did he enjoy the meal though?
I think its more important that he had a varied diet and enjoys it, than he can identify it.
What does it mater whether or not he can put a name to it?
Yes, that's what I try to tell myself.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saramac