Difficult times

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Dear Loo

Thank you for your beautiful post. I appreciate it so much as I know you have so much going on in your own life.

I think I will find it easier to visit now, with the memorial there, as before it looked sad with just a white stick marking the spot. The ground is still settling, but I shall take my little fork down and sort it out in the spring, and I have a feeling a few wild primrose seeds may fall out of my pocket, we never know do we!! They do plant wild bluebells around too, so I will ask about them.

Roger loved the birds and enjoyed feeding them too; this was why I feel it right to have little birds on the log. I'm pleased that Henry enjoyed the birds too. I have a little robin who comes to my feeding station every day - guess what he's now called Roger Robin!

It will be a year in April since I lost Roger; I admit, I dread Christmas Day, but maybe it won't be as bad as I fear.

I think of you too Loo and wish you well. Love Jan xx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Sorry jan just read this

Im sure the picture doesn't do it justice but I do know it will look wonderful in the woodlands

All these firsts for you, so hard.

Wishing I could just come and give you a squishy one, that's a hug not a grape, but you are very welcome to share my grapes too ;) :D

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I missed this yesterday Jan. Sorry.

What a beautiful memorial. I can imagine that it will make a difference to your visits. Thinking of you and all of the others who have lost their loved ones. xx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Thank you 2jays, your squishy one much appreciated. The firsts are hard, but then they only come around once before they're seconds which I hope will be easier.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Izzy, no problem, you lead such a busy life with Bill. I hope he's doing OK. I'm not keeping up with much at the moment. X

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
A beautiful tribute jan. Somewhere where you can go and hopefully find some peace at such a sad time in your life.

Thinking of you

Much love

Lyn T XX

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Thank you Lyn. It is a beautiful spot, although it doesn't look too brilliant at the moment, but as the ground resettles and the top soil is reinstated in the area, the natural seedlings will grow again and I can spend time quietly if I want to. (they scrape the top soil off and store it at one end of the grave to put it back once the ground has settled to cause as little disruption to the area). I have prepared a new flower arrangement for Rog, which will be food for the wildlife!!! They weren't too keen on eating the fir cones I put in there last time!

Thinking of you too at the difficult time.

Jan xx

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
Hello

Roger's memorial is lovely Jan.

I can imagine that this time of year is going to be difficult for you, but it's OK to feel sad when you have lost someone so special.

Love to you and Dougal, hope he likes the present that you have bought him ;)

x

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Thank you Pollyanna.

Christmas will be very different, but I will get through it. I have to remember not to compare it to the Christmases of the past but try to make a new route for myself.

Thankfully, I enjoy my own company, with Dougal of course. We could sing carols together and I can share them with you all. :D:D:D

I hope you have a good Christmas. xx