Difficult times

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
The last couple of weeks have been particularly difficult. Losing the one you love is so hard.

I have been to a Memorial Service, which I found difficult, a Carol Service, which brought back so many memories and today, finally, Roger's memorial is going to be put up on his grave. Being a woodland, the materials have to be biodegradable, so I have chosen a natural oak log with an engraving and two carved robins sitting on the top.

The trouble is we had so many memorable events around Christmas, we married on 20th December, 7 years ago, and had met 37 years prior to that on Christmas Eve. Well I got through the wedding anniversary and will get through the others - one step at a time.

I had better go an get my wellies on for this as the woodland is muddy.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The memorial sounds so lovely Jan. It can only be poignant for you. Tough I know but entirely fitting. xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Jan, I am so sorry that things are so difficult for you at present. It is a sad time of year for so many but your memories at this time make is sadder still.
Today is a very poignant day and I'm sure the memorial will look lovely.
Robins are such special little birds especially at this time of year.
Sending love and the hope that this will help you in some way with your grieving. xxx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words. I got through this morning and my dear friend came with me, so it made it easier. We then had coffee in the gathering hall at the burial park.

This is a shot of the memorial, but I must say it looks better in real life!

20151214_115948.jpg

I am very pleased with it, and am happier now his resting place is marked. He loved watching and feeding the birds, so I feel that the two little birds are fitting (he also has a nesting box on the tree next to him.

I must say, this week has stirred up a lot of memories, but then I am sure it's the same for everyone who has lost a loved one.

Jan x

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Oh Jan,it is very fitting and just beautiful.

Sending lots of hugs.xx

Thank you Kassy. I admit I feel sad this afternoon, but will start again tomorrow.

I hope you're Ok. x

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Thanks Saffie, I like it and I'm sure Roger would too.

How are you getting on with your eyes? x

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Thank you CG and Cat. It is very fitting to the environment, which I am sure in the spring will look lovely.

Jan x

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Jan, the memorial is beautiful, unique and very fitting in all respects and I do hope that it comforts you when you visit.

Robins are special little birds. Henry loved birds and always looked out for the robins in our garden, whenever they visit I especially think of him.

It is hard to grasp that it is a year since your Roger died, and December a particularly difficult month for you with memories of special happy times very personal to both of you.

I think of you often and send love

Loo xxx