Difficult situation. Shall I allow a visit yet?

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
This may not be appropriate, but could a virtual meeting, using Zoom or Skype work? I understand that the PWD may not get much from this, but it is something that could be offered to relatives? Show you are making the effort (even if they don't). This gets round the issues of weather and travel, and means they could at least see her, though someone would have to set it up.
Thank you for your response @Helly68. Of course I would be more than happy to set this up between them, although Mum, sadly, wouldn't have a clue what was going on at her late stage. However I'm not going to suggest it to my sibling as I feel they should, to be honest, if that desperate. Seeing as I haven't even had a text back, nearly 2 weeks on from my suggested window visit, they obviously aren't that bothered!!

Last edited:

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
With all due respect, that's not up to them to decide, is it? It's up to the court to rule on that seeing as they ruled the visits had to be supervised? Can you write to the court to get it confirmed?

I agree with you offering a window visit as a compromise - I think you need to avoid looking like you are blocking access, even if it is for good reason.

But if social worker supervision is required, then it is required and that will have to be arranged. The SW and sibling can gather under their separate umbrellas outside.

May I just say that I've never before seen a custody case quite like this...
Thank you for your response @imthedaughter. The SW earlier in the year confirned with Mums solicitor/financial deputy that she was no longer going to be involved and he agreed that was ok! I did write and say I felt it wasn't his place to say that and it should've gone back to the court to decide but hey ho!!

Two weeks on from my offer of the window visit there has still not bern a response, but I'm not surprised at the arrogance of not even an acknowledgement, as it's happened so many times before!

Yes Mum and I went through such a dreadful time and I was made to feel like the abuser. It was pretty horrific and it nearly broke me but I had to keep on, the same as I continue to do now, and be my Mums voice through all the evilness.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Two weeks on from my offer of the window visit there has still not bern a response, but I'm not surprised at the arrogance of not even an acknowledgement, as it's happened so many times before!
I think I would just let sleeping dogs lie.
All the while there is no contact, ignore him.