Different Doors ?? same rooms

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
DIFFERENT DOORS ?? SAME ROOMS

Hello and welcome to my Brain, please follow me through this door and have a look around. What ? you can see many more doors? Yes, of course, you can, because a person with dementia has many parts to their brain just like anybody else does, the thing is it's not always the same what's behind my doors as it is yours. What ?? you want to go into that room ?? Ok then, though that door is a happy place, that's where I store all my music and stuff, its a bit like having a Mp3 player in my head and I try to stay in this room as much as possible.

What's next door ?? Well, that's the only one that`s private as its where my family and friends live in my mind, so many things over the years that have happened are in there, some good, some not so good, but all very private. WAIT!!!! You can't go in that one!! That's the dark place of my mind, where it all goes wrong and bad things happen. There is no light in this room as it mostly happens at night but if you look down at the floor you will see scratch marks and skid marks where dementia drags me in kicking and screaming, the door shuts behind me and sometimes its so hard to get out, there are times I wonder if I will ever get back to my family room or music room.

Why don't you go through the door on your left, that's an interesting one as it changes shape. Sometimes its a very long room with no end in sight and yet other times it's just a short walk to where i want to get to, just as in life, dementia is a funny thing at times, and i don't mean humorous. The room over to your left as you can see has a sign that says "Here lies the Unknown behind this door" This is a room of total confusion, the one i find myself in many times and without knowing how i got there, and the thing is, when I find myself out of this room I have no idea how I got out either !!

The last room with the black door is one I have not been in myself yet, and yet? I feel as if I have, I feel it`s a very familiar place, a place of peace and tranquillity but also a place of fear, or a fear of being in there.

FOOTNOTE

A person who has dementia has just as many doors and rooms in their brain as anybody else, the only difference is , what's behind those doors and what's in those rooms. Some rooms as you can see are just the same as yours, some are not, and those that are not ???

THEY ARE JUST ROOMS AFTER ALL !!!

CC Norrms (please share or copy and paste if you so wish )

Diagnosed with dementia and fighting it best i can

NotTooLate

Jun 10, 2017
Alvechurch
toolate.blog
Morning Norms...

I like the analogy of doors.. works really well!

All the doors in my mind use to be open, but now more and more seem to be locked... or just hard to open!

Yeah doors... like it... Could be a good song....

la lucia

Jul 3, 2011

Hello and welcome to my Brain, please follow me through this door and have a look around. What ? you can see many more doors? Yes, of course, you can, because a person with dementia has many parts to their brain just like anybody else does, the thing is it's not always the same what's behind my doors as it is yours. What ?? you want to go into that room ?? Ok then, though that door is a happy place, that's where I store all my music and stuff, its a bit like having a Mp3 player in my head and I try to stay in this room as much as possible.

What's next door ?? Well, that's the only one that`s private as its where my family and friends live in my mind, so many things over the years that have happened are in there, some good, some not so good, but all very private. WAIT!!!! You can't go in that one!! That's the dark place of my mind, where it all goes wrong and bad things happen. There is no light in this room as it mostly happens at night but if you look down at the floor you will see scratch marks and skid marks where dementia drags me in kicking and screaming, the door shuts behind me and sometimes its so hard to get out, there are times I wonder if I will ever get back to my family room or music room.

Why don't you go through the door on your left, that's an interesting one as it changes shape. Sometimes its a very long room with no end in sight and yet other times it's just a short walk to where i want to get to, just as in life, dementia is a funny thing at times, and i don't mean humorous. The room over to your left as you can see has a sign that says "Here lies the Unknown behind this door" This is a room of total confusion, the one i find myself in many times and without knowing how i got there, and the thing is, when I find myself out of this room I have no idea how I got out either !!

The last room with the black door is one I have not been in myself yet, and yet? I feel as if I have, I feel it`s a very familiar place, a place of peace and tranquillity but also a place of fear, or a fear of being in there.

FOOTNOTE

A person who has dementia has just as many doors and rooms in their brain as anybody else, the only difference is , what's behind those doors and what's in those rooms. Some rooms as you can see are just the same as yours, some are not, and those that are not ???

Hi @Norrms
Thank you, Thank you, Thank yòu. Just thank you. x

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.

FOOTNOTE

Thank you Norrms and it certainly will be copied and pasted .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cat09