Did not make it to work today......

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Well after being off work for 2 months was supposed to go back today but O/H had other ideas poor thing had another seizure, 2nd in 6 days. Went to hospital and this time had all the tests done CT scan, bloods, and x ray. Nothing showed up so doctor said it must be a neuro problem, which GP will follow up. Another exhausting dy don't know if its a good thing nothing showed up or not, non the wiser. Other half was sedated in order to do tests. Fortunately the seizure was not as bad as last week....
been told to cut the Halopedirol to 0.5mg morning and night and have stopped giving the lorazapam. Even I am getting confused which medicines to give now.

Would just like to say the treatment paramedics gave on both occassions was fantastic so grateful......

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
.. best laid plans, eh Keegan2
so sorry you've both had such a tough day - you must be so concerned - I hope the GP comes up with something - and that you at least have a quiet evening and night
I've always found paramedics to be amazing too - a very special group of people

best wishes

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Keegan, hope your husband will be better with reduced meds and you soon get more investigations done to find out what's going on. What a worry and an added strain for you when you least need it, bless you. xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

1mindy

Jul 21, 2015
Shropshire
Keegan every time I read your posts I think you are so amazing. How you cope with everything I have no idea.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Very sorry you are having such a difficult time Keegan. Hope they can find something to help.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Thanks. We are not doing anything special, its what we are all doing, making sure our loved one is being cared for as best as we can. Managed to go to work today a day late but it was good to go back. Other half was fine with our eldest son whilst i went to work, I think because of the medicine he was ok with me going and was happy when I came home. So glad, one day over many more to go. I know every day won't be as easy with him but I suppose we must enjoy the ones that are........Going memory clinic tuesday to have his medicine changed again and see what steps to take over the seizures.....

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Do hope this improvement persists Keegan, good you could get back to work.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I hope you get some reassurance re the seizure. It does seem common with dementia but medics don't seem to be able to offer much help. All the hospital tests being OK is pretty good. Hopefully it won't have caused any lasting damage.