Diamond Weddings - 60 Years

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

Just about everyone knows that if they reach the ripe old age of 100 years, then they will receive a 'telegram' from Her Majesty.

This also applies to couples who celebrate 60 years of marriage together, which is a bit of a less known fact. Currently, there are just over 3000 couples in the UK who have been married for this length of time.

Just in case anyone has a celebration of this nature looming in their family, this is how you go about getting your Certificate.

Firstly, you need to apply at least 3 months prior to the event. You will need to send in a copy of your parents [or your own if its your 60th] Marriage Certificate to HM's Personal Secretary at Buckingham Palace, together with a letter requesting that HM forward a Certificate, in honour of the occasion on the appropriate date.

You will receive a confirmation letter prior to receiving the Certificate. The Certificate will arrive a day or so before the Anniversary and is personally signed by Queen Elizabeth.

My parents celebrated their Diamond Wedding Anniversary on 8 November 2002 and are very proud of their certificate from the Queen.

Jude

carol

Jun 24, 2004
Surrey/Hampshire
Jude, info. as requested

www.royal.gov.uk

Scroll to bottom of page - Text Only - click on - How do I

Scroll to bottom of page to - Have you seen - then click under Anniversaries.

Then select Applying for a Message!

curtsey, curtsey, curtsey

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
On the 15th July 1997 the Queen hosted a garden party for Her Golden wedding.
People celebrating their Golden wedding were able to apply to the Queens representative in their area and their names were put in a draw,the winners received an invite to the garden party.
We were not sucessful but we received a very nice certificate from the Queen and Philip regreting that we were not there on that day and wishing us all the best for a happy anniversary

Norman

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Norman,

It must lovely to get any sort of Certificate. I certainly shan't be in the running for a Wedding Anniversary Certificate from HM, so shall have to hang around for my 100th.

Jude

carol

Jun 24, 2004
Surrey/Hampshire
Just thought it was worth a mention, that a congratulatory message from the Queen is available for Diamond (60th), 65th and Platinum (70th) weddings and for every year thereafter, although it is necessary to fill in the appropriate forms. no sooner than three weeks before the celebration date. It is also possible to receive a belated message up to six months after the event.

Also 100 birthdays can receive a message from her Majesty.

There is no charge for this service, but it will be essential for you to provide the office with documentary proof of the occasion.

Hope this is of some use to someone!

Carol