Diamond Weddings - 60 Years

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dar All,

In an attempt to distract my parents from wearing a groove in the hallway carpets yesterday, we looked at a few photos of their Diamond Wedding Anniversary party a couple of years' ago.

This morning, it occurred to me that perhaps it might be useful to let everyone know that the Queen sends certificates to couples who have been married for 60 years.

So just in case you have a similar celebration on the horizon in your family, please refer to my post in Resources.

Best wishes,

Jude

carol

Jun 24, 2004
Surrey/Hampshire
Thanks for the info. funnily enough I copied the details from the Buckingham Palace website a couple of weeks ago. The in laws will be celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary next May, so hopefully will be able to get a wedding anniversary message arranged for them.

Carol

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Jude, I didn't know that, well done, now make them a little book all about it that they can sit and look at together, might save the carpet and you a bit! Love, She. XX:)

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Carol and Sheila,

Isn't it great that we all have these ideas at the same time?

Fancy Buck House having their own Web Site - what's the listing Carol? Could you post it on the Diamond Wedding blurb on Resources. That would be so helpful.

Jude

carol

Jun 24, 2004
Surrey/Hampshire
Posted Diamond Wedding Information on Resources.

Jude,

Could your Dad have a urine infection, because that can make them say and do daft things - only a thought!

Carol x

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Carol,

I'll certainly check that out with the Doctor. Hadn't thought about that possibility.

The other scenario is that it is full moon tonight!

Jude