Diagnosis

Dawag

Aug 8, 2021
At last we have a diagnosis. Mum attended Memory Clinic today and I think the Dr was quite surprised at how poorly she performed. When you initially meet Mum she can speak quite well for herself . So she has been diagnosed with bordering on advanced Vasculnar Dementia . Mum still refusing scan. Diagnosis based on episode on October 2020 which Dr thinks may have been mini stroke and from then Mum has gone down hill.
on another matter can anyone recommend a diuretic for someone who can’t “push” she has Lacutose but has also developed a pile/ hemorrhoids dye to straining GP prescribed some cream but can’t stop her straining! Thankyou

AmandaW

Sep 18, 2021
Hi, we have also had the memory clinic today and I was shocked at how poorly mum performed. We knew there was an ‘issue’ but she failed nearly every test. She’s been requested to see the consultant for a diagnosis and treatment. Can’t help much with the constipation other than laculose but just wanted to say I’m here with you. Mum is also very convincing. We live near Liverpool and last week she managed to try and get a taxi driver to take her to Manchester where she used to live! She’s very crafty ! X

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
My OH has lots of problems with constipation (including piles too) and he has laxido prescribed. It seems to be the dyno-rod of constipation treatment and certainly seems to clear him out!

Harky

Oct 13, 2021
My OH has lots of problems with constipation (including piles too) and he has laxido prescribed. It seems to be the dyno-rod of constipation treatment and certainly seems to clear him out!
We've tried many things. My wife has had problems with constipation for years mostly due to medication. I give her Senokot every 10 days for 3 days. It doesn't purge her and movement is reasonably easy. First day doesn't work but just be patient it'll work on 2nd day.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Yes @Harky , its best to start off with gentle things and work up. Ive not found anything that works for OH apart from laxido. He has to take it every day (directions say take once or twice a day, but I very rarely have to give it to him twice a day) and if I dont he gets very constipated. Ive had to deal with overflow diarrhoea when its got bad which is a horror story and so I try and prevent that from happening

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Yes @Harky , its best to start off with gentle things and work up. Ive not found anything that works for OH apart from laxido. He has to take it every day (directions say take once or twice a day, but I very rarely have to give it to him twice a day) and if I dont he gets very constipated. Ive had to deal with overflow diarrhoea when its got bad which is a horror story and so I try and prevent that from happening
I heard you'd got yourself a surf board to ride out the next Poonami...

:eek:
:D;)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi, we have also had the memory clinic today and I was shocked at how poorly mum performed. We knew there was an ‘issue’ but she failed nearly every test.

Welcome to dementia Talking Point @AmandaW.

I hope you have recovered from your shock. Even though we have suspicions, it`s still a shock when they are confirmed.

I hope you will feel well supported here on Dementia Talking Point. If you start your own Thread in the forum I care for a person with dementia, you will more easily access your replies and get the support you need.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts