• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Diagnosis

Jackmack

Mar 25, 2020
I got diagnosed around 4 years ago , I had a scan which showed I had alzymers in dementia and was put on donezipil ,since then I have spoken to a mental health psychiatrist who said to me my dementia should be worse by this time and questioned do I really have it, i said considering the fact the hospital memory clinic did test and brain scans and diagnosed me put me on medication for it then yes I have early onset , Has anyone ever been told they have dementia to be told they haven't

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Jackmack

I know of one member who's spouse was told they had dementia and was then given a different diagnosis later so maybe they will be along to advise.

Many conditions can present with dementia like symptoms so I suppose that this is possible.

It it's troubling you maybe a chat with the GP could help. Other than that you could try the experts on the support line attached to this site - just click the following link to find that

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicGreg