Diagnosis

MartRobDave

May 2, 2008
Stockton-on-Tees
Hi
I have just joined today after learning that my father has Alzehimer's. The symptoms have been happening for quite some time but the diagnosis has just been given and I feel as if i have been hit by a sledgehammer!
how did other members feel?

nicetotalk

Sep 22, 2006
stretford
hi martrobdave

it was ten i2 years ago with my mum but back then i did not realy understand the illness. I am sorry to hear your dad has alzheimers this is a very usefull sight and what ever you need to say or your just haveing a bad day come on here and there are lots on here that to care. We are all or have been going through the same thing
take care
kathy

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Hi martrobdave,
Welcome to Talking Point.
My husband was diagnoised age 58 and now in E.M.I. Unit and his is 61 and in the last stage.
You will find people here a life line.
More people will come on line later.
Best wishes
Christine

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi martrobdave, welcome to TP.

You've come to the right place to find people who will help you as you come to terms with your dad's diagnosis. There's a lot of advice and support, so if you've any questions, fire away.

If you need information, there are some excellent factsheets on the AS website.

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/factsheets

All the best,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
how did other members feel?

Hello Mart. :)
I felt shocked, but at least had a label for a condition, however serious, and knew it was not our marriage that was on the rocks.
I had experience of dementia with my mother, so thought I knew what to expect. I couldn`t have been more wrong as I had no idea there were so many forms of dementia which had so many different effects.
I hope you get the support you need from Talking Point [TP] and from the services.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryMc086