Diagnosing issues

pamhill4

Jan 9, 2016
I've been waiting over 6 months after a referral by GP to our local memory clinic and neurologist. I know neurology might be a long wait but thought the memory clinic might have been quicker! Is this usual in people's experiences? I'm 51 and my dad had dementia. Any advice?
Pam X

Alison N

Jan 3, 2015
Surrey
Hi Pam, we waited three months as we were told the memory clinic was very busy. We eventually rang the memory clinic only to be told they had never received the referral so it will be worth ringing them direct to see if they have the GP referral.

brambles

Sep 22, 2014
NW England
Hi Pam,
Despite asking for the appointment to be sent to me it was sent to my mum who cancelled it without telling me. Is it possible this may have happened with your dad?
I would definitely give them a ring.

Brambles x

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi pamhill4
welcome to TP - so sorry you arrived here in such worrying circumstances - but you've discovered a safe place to ask anything you want to - lots of sympathetic and experienced people here to chat with

I'm with Alison N - seems like there's a glitch somewhere - 6 months is a long time and you need to have your concerns dealt with - on Monday, have a word with your GP and contact the memory clinic to check on your referral - hope it's sorted out soon

best wishes