diagnosed with alzheimers wife has left me

jock01

Mar 19, 2015
my wife has left me and I dont know what to do. I have nowhere to turn.

I am using my wifes login details.....Sorry if confused.

Last edited:

jock01

Mar 19, 2015
am scared and and confused just dont want to talk to anybody but I dont want to be alone either.

I am sorry I am using my wifes login details did not know what way to use this computer.

Last edited:

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi jocko1
(thanks for the explanation - I was a bit muddled, so not sure how to reply)

I won't write that I know how you feel etc - I can't imagine
But I send you much sympathy

If it helps, keep posting here - so pleased you did think to write to us all, there's so much support here

Please do, at some point, go to see your GP, just to keep them in the loop.

Sometimes when I am troubled and want 'company' but not to talk, I just go for a wander around town and have a lunch - just being around people 'helps', and no-one knows I'm upset so there are no 'kind' comments to deal with.

And, though I'm not a believer, I find churches are very calming places to be - something about the history and stability ...

Best wishes

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Hi Jocko,

I am so sorry to hear of your situation. I'm afraid I don't have any words of advice, but I didn't want to 'read and run' (read your message and not reply).

I can't imagine how you are feeling at the moment, but I do understand how upset and confused you might feel. I do hope you are able to look after yourself physically. Sending you much love.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Hi and welcome to Talking Point.

Please talk to us, we can help in so many ways. There is a mountain of support and advice here so ask your questions, tell us what concerns you and from all the experience we have we can help by giving advice when we can and pointing you in the right direction to get the help you may need.

Take care

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Please phone the Helpline jock01. It is just what they are there for. There are people who can put you in reach of local help.

You can contact our helpline by calling 0300 222 1122 or by email at helpline@alzheimers.org.uk.

The helpline is usually open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, and from 10am - 4pm at weekends. However, the service may be closed occasionally during these times for operational reasons.

Please keep in contact.

Last edited:

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm so sorry to hear this, Jock01. Please do keep posting as you can speak here anonymously and get support without having to reveal everything. Members here are very kind and if all you want is someone to listen, then that's what we'll do.

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Hi jock01 reading your thread I take it you have dementia , it’s common knowledge that when a person get diagnosed with dementia friend desert them over time I have been through , but my close family and children and a few close friends don’t see my dementia as a problem. hopefully this is only short term with the Wife

not much help to you realy

jock01

Mar 19, 2015
Than you all, you have really all helped. Just to have any interaction is wonderfull.

No chance for wife coming back she I just found out has been seeing some one else for quite some time. Even before diagnosis. My fault because I have not been myself at all confused all the time and not understanding why. I just feel like i have been woken up from a ddep sleeep and all is disorientated.,

J D M

Nov 26, 2015
Scotland
not using Jock01 now got my own login name. New name J D M.

Thanks again for all help. I will get in touch with some one now. Before I found you all I just wanted to end it all. You have given me hope.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Well done JDM, good for you, keep going, one day at a time and come on for support or a chat whenever you need to xx

J D M

Nov 26, 2015
Scotland
Thank you Fizzie. for your kind thoughts..You all will never know just how much this has helped. I cant put into words the gratitude I am feeling. X

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
From previous posts under Jock01 I think J D M may be in Scotland, if so does the AS helpline apply, they may not be able to advise on local facilities.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
not using Jock01 now got my own login name. New name J D M.

Thanks again for all help. I will get in touch with some one now. Before I found you all I just wanted to end it all. You have given me hope.

Well done jdm keep posting there are a lot of lovely people on here to help and support you xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife