Deterioration

opaline

Nov 13, 2014
Went to visit mum in hospital as usual today, haven't been in since Wednesday but my daughter was in yesterday, she was asleep in her chair yesterday but 'came to' and was coherent. Today she was asleep in bed, in her nightie, at 4pm? Couldn't really rouse her so left about 430 as her meal was arriving. Staff were trying to feed her soup (she hadn't ate much lunch) also got lots of 'wet' washing when haven't had any in ages, OH hadn't seen her since last Sunday and was shocked at her appearance, he thought she had lost quite a bit of weight in a week, is this the beginning of the end?

Sparrowlegs

Jul 9, 2015
Went to visit mum in hospital as usual today, haven't been in since Wednesday but my daughter was in yesterday, she was asleep in her chair yesterday but 'came to' and was coherent. Today she was asleep in bed, in her nightie, at 4pm? Couldn't really rouse her so left about 430 as her meal was arriving. Staff were trying to feed her soup (she hadn't ate much lunch) also got lots of 'wet' washing when haven't had any in ages, OH hadn't seen her since last Sunday and was shocked at her appearance, he thought she had lost quite a bit of weight in a week, is this the beginning of the end?

How long has ur mum been ill?

opaline

Nov 13, 2014
How long has ur mum been ill?

She was diagnosed with Alzheimer's last July, she lost mobility on Mothers Day this year as she fell and broke her arm so could no longer use her Zimmer. She's been in hospital ever since but is usually sitting in a chair when we visit and is alert, was pretty shocked yesterday, x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m sorry to hear about your mum opaline. Perhaps the fall really took it out of her. I hope she will be a bit brighter on your next visit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513