Deteriorated.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Apparently they have bed bound clients which they deal with .Just like dad .They put them back to bed in the afternoon. I have been over my emails.I first asked them 22 Nd January.Then later on the phone in February.The HCA 3 who came with his boots and did his obs is furious.He said that they have Duty of Care and if they cannot do it should.say. The Care Coordinator came on the 23 rd May. So the care plan should have changed and kicked in. Personally I think they don't have enough carers to do it but won't say. Funnily enough dad is easier mentally to deal with.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
The paramedic came out on Friday. I will see how things go over the next day or two. He is more responsive today but very tired. Now back to sleep.z

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Apparently they have bed bound clients which they deal with .Just like dad .They put them back to bed in the afternoon. I have been over my emails.I first asked them 22 Nd January.Then later on the phone in February.The HCA 3 who came with his boots and did his obs is furious.He said that they have Duty of Care and if they cannot do it should.say. The Care Coordinator came on the 23 rd May. So the care plan should have changed and kicked in. Personally I think they don't have enough carers to do it but won't say. Funnily enough dad is easier mentally to deal with.
Who employs them? Are they SS arranged or privately paid by you?

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Who employs them? Are they SS arranged or privately paid by you?
Privately paid. I live in the same area as Desperate of Devon's mum. So chaotic. I do have a back up plan but not until after 23rd June. They were SS arranged but privately paid. I have been looking around but care companies appear the same. I'm also looking to arrange respite for a couple of weeks in August.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Since all this has happened dad has deteriorated further but at least he is in bed. The HCA 3 who works with the matron has phoned up the care company and giving them an earful. Told them it was unacceptable for the care plan not to be in place. I emailed the doctor with more of dad's changes . He will get back to me today more than likely..The HCA 3 and a friend are checking that dad is not in the chair. The air cushion has arrived but is not put up yet. That will be asap.Needs to be done by the nurses.
In between that yesterday the cleaner who sits with dad had miss perfect for tea. Apparently she was moaning to dad that he should have had a hot dinner for lunch. Apparently he ate a small sandwich and a piece of cake. He declined any food at tea time.She gave him an ensure. Apparently she drove the cleaner mad so she went into another room. Dad is so frail now.She used to be his favourite but I no longer think so.I popped in on the way home and met her there. He had drunk 200 MLS ensure whilst she stood over him .She had great pleasure in going through the saga of the meals .I told her he is declining and doesn't want them. She left. Dad made me laugh when she left and asked if she had gone and was coming back. Unfortunately for him she was. He looked a bit unsettled at that.
Dad doesn't seem to have much oomph any more.He has been saying to me for a while he is fed up with it all. I'm not sure we can get him out the bed to the garden when we take over.He appears that weak. The cleaner said we will have trouble with it.( Ex carer).. Dad keeps mentioning he just wants peace and quiet lately..He has also been telling me about a ginger cat that came and sat on his lap. He has been telling everyone about it. No cat has been around.

As I'm home today the cleaner and HCA 3 are popping in to see that dad is not spending hours in his recliner. He wants to check if the new care plan is in place....Mmm!

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
You can always phone up the care agency and ask that miss perfect doesnt come any more. I had a carer come to OH who I wasnt happy with, phoned the care agency and told them and he never came back. I understand that you wouldnt want to do that if the carer is your dads favourite, but if she isnt anymore - and you do reach a stage when you have to do what they need, rather than what they want.

CAL Y

Jul 17, 2021
@TNJJ I have followed your posts with increasing horror at your situation.

I realise that you seem to live in an area where help seems to be a bit thin on the ground and beggars can’t be choosers etc but honestly………
I really don’t know how you have put up with “miss perfect”.

I had a similar experience with a carer. I literally left the house for five minutes. When I came back I found that she had left my husband unattended in the shower and he was sitting, half naked on the side of the bed, almost in tears and saying
”she’s a bully “
I was, immediately on phone to her boss and she never appeared at our home again. Reading between the lines, it seems that I wasn’t the first one to complain about her.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
You can always phone up the care agency and ask that miss perfect doesnt come any more. I had a carer come to OH who I wasnt happy with, phoned the care agency and told them and he never came back. I understand that you wouldnt want to do that if the carer is your dads favourite, but if she isnt anymore - and you do reach a stage when you have to do what they need, rather than what they want.
I have put up with this for quite a while... Normally I would dealt with this a long time back but I don't seem to have much oomph either..

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
miss perfect would be the first person to go. if the cleaner is fed up with and your dad, she really is not doing any good and ignoring all decisions.
your oomph is going into looking after your mum and dad. at least you have the HCA looking out for him too. saying that, if the carers did their job properly within the careplan, it wouldnt be necessary for them to be supervised and check being made.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
@TNJJ I have followed your posts with increasing horror at your situation.

I realise that you seem to live in an area where help seems to be a bit thin on the ground and beggars can’t be choosers etc but honestly………
I really don’t know how you have put up with “miss perfect”.

I had a similar experience with a carer. I literally left the house for five minutes. When I came back I found that she had left my husband unattended in the shower and he was sitting, half naked on the side of the bed, almost in tears and saying
”she’s a bully “
I was, immediately on phone to her boss and she never appeared at our home again. Reading between the lines, it seems that I wasn’t the first one to complain about her.
I'm waiting to see what happens today with dad. Once I have confirmation of what's going on that will be good. I know from July I'm doing more.( If he gets that far) . They will be coming in 2 times a day. But will probably go down to 1 if he is to weak to get out of bed.. I'm usually a no nonsense person. I have already taken her aside and had words with her..

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
It just sounds all so sad and difficult @TNJJ I hope things pick up for you because it is a bit too much and I am not surprised that you have no oomph