desperatley seeking impartial advice

mariak

Sep 3, 2003
I am reaching out in the hope that somebody can help me! You may recall I have had problems with my Mum who has now had to be taken into a Nursing Home... she has been classed a low medium level EMI.

As this all results fom negilgence both before and during a medical op 4 years ago that I never followed up... I do not want to be in the same position regarding her current care in the future.. that I failed to get the right help in time. Getting help has been very difficult.. it took 9 months to have my Mum assessed.

My Mum is on "olanzapine".. she was put on this medication in August.. however, I find that she seems to have deteriorated rapidly since this time. She has difficulty finding her words and slurrs them. I have not been offered any other medication. Yet I read about Aricept and Ebixa... the research seems to show that Ebixa slows the progress down. Can anyone help me on this...

I have heard if the two are combined they can help... If it means getting this on a private prescription then so be it... but please I would appreciate any help... I will try anything that may have the slightest hope in helping her.
maria

Angela

May 28, 2003
Wales
Hi Maria
Im sorry to hear that your Mum has declined so suddenly.
If you have any doubts about the suiatability of Mums medication, or questions like you have raised here, you really need to address these with your Mums GP in the first instance. You can from there ask if your Mum can be reassessed by the consultant that presumbably saw her some time ago when she had the diagnosis.
let us know if you have or will be doing this and we can take it from there