Desperate for support - Leeds

Jacster

Sep 29, 2017
Leeds
My husband of 7 weeks was diagnosed in May with dementia, he is 54 yrs old. He underwent series of tests. We were told he had multiple dementia but would commit to the types and stated he wa a complex case. We were informed that we would be referred to LGI for a second opinion. That was in July and we still havent had an appointment, We did get an apt last week at memory services to establish diagnostic which was inconclusive warranting another scan to check for lewy bodies. We now have to wait for the second opinion and then go back at end of Jan.

My husband is not currenty working as he was made redundant in March. He spends all his time in front of the computer searching for a job, which, he would not be able to do. He has problems doing simple tasks. He is also incontinent at times.

We are still trying to get into the system. I would like to connect with people in similar situations in my locality. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jacster
Leeds

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Welcome to Talking Point, @Jacster . I'm sorry that you have needed us, though! I don't know a lot about the system for diagnosis there, but I do hope you get the appointment your husband is waiting on soon!

Could I also suggest that you use this time to put some practicalities in place, if you haven't already done so, like organising a Power of Attorney, making Wills, etc. Could save you a lot of hassle in time to come!

Jacster

Sep 29, 2017
Leeds
Welcome to Talking Point, @Jacster . I'm sorry that you have needed us, though! I don't know a lot about the system for diagnosis there, but I do hope you get the appointment your husband is waiting on soon
Could I also suggest that you use this time to put some practicalities in place, if you haven't already done so, like organising a Power of Attorney, making Wills, etc. Could save you a lot of hassle in time to come!

We have done POA and wills :)

Last edited: