Design update feedback and questions

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The TP style is an addition.
You can stay as you were unless..........??????????????

I don't mind which style but was interested why I was not on the new TP style, it looks as if Chrome 50 defaults to Alzheimer's 2015 and needs to be told about the change - but only if you are logged on.

Chrome appears to be saving preferences somewhere even if the TP style was not a preference

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The new style has virtually no affect on usability as far as i am concerned.

What I would have preferred is that instead of the reply choices being

Post a comment
Reply and quote post

they were

Post a comment
Reply and copy to poster (who may not be the thread starter)

I don't like quoting of whole posts instead of salient parts, on some of the other forums I frequent it is explicitly banned.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
A new style has been introduced - Talking Point
Switch to this and all OK

That works for me on Safari. Will check Chrome and IE tomorrow. Interestingly (well depending on your point of view) I had the same issues as nitram logging in to the chat room

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Re chat room
I could not log in, neither could admin using my username and password but I could using a new username and password - authorised by admin.

Mark_W

Sep 28, 2015
London
Thanks again for all your feedback here, it looks like the new style isn't the default for some of you.

If you're not on the new style you can use the drop down menu at the bottom of the page (as shown in Nitram's post) to select Talking Point. If you don't want to use this style just select Alzheimers 2015.

We'll continue investigating the root cause of this on Monday and work on resolving it then.

Oh also this issue won't be for the same reasons as the problems some of you saw with the chat room, that was due to issues with the chat room software itself.

Thanks again