Dementiaville Channel 4

Jaxx23

Mar 15, 2012
Just wondering if anyone else has been watching this. I find it very informative. I also feel very sad that the Carehome featured in the first part, seems to be one of a kind. I don't understand why other homes do not undertake the Butterfly Healthcare system. Your thoughts...

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
Just wondering if anyone else has been watching this. I find it very informative. I also feel very sad that the Carehome featured in the first part, seems to be one of a kind. I don't understand why other homes do not undertake the Butterfly Healthcare system. Your thoughts...

Yes, I've been quite fascinated. Wonder what the last one will focus on?

Loved that care home, what a good approach.

Can't resist-clonkers, clonkers.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
We have just been to view this morning a care home for ex forces people which is very well known in Scotland. The grounds are lovely and each of the four units has just ten people in it. Facilities and staff have a very good reputation and a programme of events, entertainment and general info was available.

Why then do I feel a sense of betrayal? It may be months before a place becomes available and hopefully I will have adjusted. John was cheerful, chatty and snapped to attention when asked what his regiment was. I am very impressed that someone who does not know his own address or the names of his grandchildren can rattle out his army number without hesitation and his National Insurance number with only slight hesitation.

When asked if he might like to spend some time at the care home he replied "Why not, let's give it a try". If he only knew.