1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. Prospector

Prospector Registered User

Sep 30, 2014
    Trowbridge, Wiltshire
    What a devilish combination of illness! First it has been extremely difficult to obtain a urine specimen from my wife and now she refuses to take the antibiotic because she thinks there's nothing wrong with her. I have tried emotional persuasion but nothing seems to work. She is so sad, confused and agitated, but the route to getting her back is blocked. I feel so helpless!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

2. barny

barny Registered User

Jan 20, 2006
    Herts
    How difficult for you. If it is a tablet she has could you ask the GP to change it to a liquid? You could tell her it's a tonic to perk her up abit. Encourage plenty of fluids and perhaps try some cranberry juice as this is beneficial for UTI,s.