Dementia patients in hospital

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I've posted the handout on Resources in pdf format, as Bruce suggested. If anyone would like a copy for their own use, and would prefer a Word version, they can PM me their email address. Feel free to use it where necessary, it's very much a joint effort.

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
How sad that they wasted your effort. How can anyone hope to change attitudes in only 10 minutes?

Lila

Rosalind

Jul 2, 2005
Wiltshire
For what its worth, and I know I am trailing in a bit late, when my husband was in hospital for surgery I wrote a note saying he would not remember any instructions such as 'take this pill now and another in half an hour' or where he was, or where the loos were, which presumably went into his notes. The staff at Royal United Hospital, Bath, were excellent. I was there when a doctor did his rounds, and asked Guy when he had his operation, and the staff nurse discreetly muttered 'patient has dementia' so they looked in the notes and could say 'Ah, it was on Tuesday'.
Strangely, he also became convinced that the large chap in the opposite bed was French - can't think why, as he spoke with broad Bristolian accent.