dementia patient

elimay29520

Aug 25, 2015
I have a patient with severe dementia, she cant talk, she mumbles, very agitated, nothing helps calm her, she is a danger to herself and others, is there any advice on what can be done,?

hariyaksh

Aug 26, 2015
I have a patient with severe dementia, she cant talk, she mumbles, very agitated, nothing helps calm her, she is a danger to herself and others, is there any advice on what can be done,?

i'm not a medical professional but I can say this because I have my grandmother with dementia and she behaves the same way except the danger part. The biggest virtue that is needed here is patience. You need to understand that that person is suffering a severe neural disease and need to think from her point. Next, handle her with love and care. It will help if you can get someone whom she knows very well or atleast used to know well, like a relative or a close friend and ask for their help.
I have noticed that my grandmother listens to me more than my neighbour so for the same reason i advice you to get her someone she knows.
Good Luck to you.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Have you tried sitting her in a quiet environment with soothing music and smells? Are you giving her something to occupy her hands like a twiddlemuff?