Dementia Pathway

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
In other threads on here (Jimbo's and Jacky's) this has already been mentioned along with today's extra guidance that has been issued.

But I thought I would post it as a separate item that you may care to look at - this is what has been mostly in place since MAY 2011 (today they have added some more guidance but the bulk was already there)

Is this the situation you recognise? Is this the care/ support and commitment to quality that is evident where you live and care?

Obviously, as Jacky has pointed out in her thread, we mustn't break terms and conditions of this site by naming people and organisations but there is no reason why people can't compare the type of organisation with the suggested Pathway guidelines.

Would be really interested to hear people's comments - did you know this existed? We have heard and discussed the Liverpool Care Pathway and there are very varied views on its value and implementation.

But surely this is applicable to so many more of us....

http://pathways.nice.org.uk/pathways/dementia

Celia

Norfolkgirl

Account Closed
Jul 18, 2012
In other threads on here (Jimbo's and Jacky's) this has already been mentioned along with today's extra guidance that has been issued.

But I thought I would post it as a separate item that you may care to look at - this is what has been mostly in place since MAY 2011 (today they have added some more guidance but the bulk was already there)

Is this the situation you recognise? Is this the care/ support and commitment to quality that is evident where you live and care?

Obviously, as Jacky has pointed out in her thread, we mustn't break terms and conditions of this site by naming people and organisations but there is no reason why people can't compare the type of organisation with the suggested Pathway guidelines.

Would be really interested to hear people's comments - did you know this existed? We have heard and discussed the Liverpool Care Pathway and there are very varied views on its value and implementation.

But surely this is applicable to so many more of us....

http://pathways.nice.org.uk/pathways/dementia

Celia

I'm afraid for me it's just a load of fancy words and not enough common sense!

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
ideal for those who don't have difficult ostriches with dementia- are there actually any of those?

What we need is easily obtainable information for carers so that they can make informed decisions. It seems to me we have no rights at all.