Dementia Friends Talk

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Next Friday the 20th March I am doing a dementia friends session in Northampton.
I have flooded the area with posters and online links to the poster

Feel a bit nervous but I hope lots of people will come

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
That's great Sarah, I would be there to listen if I lived a few hundred miles closer but I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that you get an appreciative audience and that all goes well. Good luck!

kingybell

Feb 3, 2015
Good luck! It will be great. When we went in our local training it was very useful and the lady gave her training not only as a nurse but as the daughter of someone with dementia.
Go for it and enjoy educating others you are doing a worthwhile job.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Today's the Day

Well feeling nervous today's the day of the talk.

I have advertised it aggressivly so I have no idea of who will turn up!

I am going to read through the notes and then go for a quiet walk

This afternoon I will be decorating cupcakes

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
I know you will do a grand job Sarah, will be thinking of you. How lucky they are to have you giving the talk ☺

Take care, look forward to hearing all about it x

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
My t shirt arrived in time and an extra 50 badges

I made 28 new Dementia Friends

The talk went well according to the feed back!

I have been asked if I could do it again so it can't have been too bad, a guy put me on the spot about my own story at the end and he said he found that the most inspiring bit.

I went straight from there to A&E where one of my best friends had been sent in with a suspecte DVT (She hadn't got one thank goodness) She said she had been sitting there praying' God please send Sarah, please send Sarah!'
Got to bed at 3.30am stayed the night at my friends house and I am now back at home and I have got a friend from Belper staying for the weekend:eek:

Will have to take it easy when I can!

Attachments

• talkthetalk.jpg
    talkthetalk.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 303
  • talkthetalk2.jpg
    talkthetalk2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 316

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Sarah, you really are inspirational and obviously such a caring friend too. Well done, never doubted your talk would go well. Please make sure you look after yourself and get some rest xx