Dementia Drugs Campaign

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi Everyone,

The Northern Echo in Darlington County Durham, has started a campaign to try to reverse the NICE decision and it seems to be gathering pace at present.
This can be done by using the coupon in the daily paper or by going on to their web site, which is:- The Northern Echo.co.uk

On the left had side click on News.
Once on the News section also on the left hand side there is a section called:-

Don't Stop Dementia Drugs Campaign.

Fill in your name and address, and off we go.

www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/dementiadrugs.

This is open to all and closes on November 10th unless the editor wishes to run it for another week or so.

We need all the support we can get.
If not for us we hope to succeed for the sake of all those who will be diagnosed in the future.

Very Best Wishes

kenc

Last edited:

Clive

Nov 7, 2004
Thanks

Thanks Kenc for pointing out the link. My family and friends have registered.

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Dementia Drug campaign

Hello everyone,

I can not thank you enough for helping with this campaign. Although we still have a week to go, and we seem to be doing well, we need to get as many names as possible on this. The fact that the government has stopped this going through, worries me quite a lot, as they may try to stop other medication going through, for other illnesses, and that would be horrendous.
I have never done this sort of thing before, but I felt so angry at NICE that I had to do something.
I feel it is everyones right to treatment for any illness, if the treatment is available, and if it is proved that it works. Not all treatment works, but if there is a chance with an illness like this we must be allowed to try it.
If it does not work, then at least we have the knowledge that we have tried.

Very Best wishes

kenc

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi all,

Thank you for all your e-mails to the Northern Echo Newspaper. Apart from any e-mails that go in over the weekend, we are now finished and the results are being handed in at the Department of Health on Tuesday. I am now off on a few days holiday, to see my grand children and we are taking in a conference for YPWD on Thursday before returning home. This will give me a chance to try to recharge my battery's for the next protest.

Many thanks again.

Best Wishes

kenc

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Dementia Drugs

Hi everyone,

The campaign is still open for those of us who use the internet, and those who can get hold of the coupons from the Newspaper.
There is still a link there and as I understand it they have had so many campaigning this way, that they are going to keep going as long as possible. The campaign emails have been flooding in from all parts of the UK.
Well done and many thanks.

kenc

Last edited: