Dementia Day Care

trevo

Sep 17, 2008
I was wondering whether any of the forum members have any experience of Day Care Services and, in particular what is the range of the cost involved?

kazlou

Feb 3, 2006
Surrey
Hi Trevo,

If you look on the initial page of the Alzheimer's web site on the left hand side you will see in the column local information, if you then look for your area and find your local branch give them a ring and they should be able to give you some more information,
Sadly places are in great demand for dementia care and some have waiting lists pricing is down to the individual provider but is usually transport costs and meal costs on average about £5 transport
£5.00 meals and refreshments.
Hope this helps

Kaz.

Lanie

Aug 31, 2008
Surrey
Hi

Before I realised that my Mum would need to go into a home. I looked at some dementia day care and was quoted £45 a day. Sorry I couldn't say whether this is the average cost though.

Lanie

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
My Local AZ day center cost £ 7 50p a day transport & meal ( mum go 2 days a week )

Also ask your Local social services if they have day centers, as the AZ day center did not have any more vacancies for extra days for mum to go into there day center

SS step in told me about the One they have . It cost £ 3 50p a day transport & meal mum gos 3 days a week

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet