Dementia clock that runs off batteries

Bettusboo

Aug 30, 2020
I’m looking for a clock with the day clearly displayed on it but am struggling to find anything that dies not need to be plugged in and which will run from a battery. Any suggestions please. The dementia clocks on the Alzheimer’s website look like they need to be plugged in. Thank you.

Bettusboo

Aug 30, 2020
We’ve just ordered one of the ones listed as battery powered but it isn’t, it won’t worked without being plugged in. The battery is only to keep the setting during a power cut.

RuralTownie

Oct 11, 2021
I don’t have any personal experience of these but I wondered if this link would be of any help -

I've bought a pair of those recently (I think 1st or 2nd on the list but they're all pretty much the same). They have a backup battery so they keep time if there's a power cut, but they don't show their display when unplugged.
They've made a big difference in being able to keep track of the date and time. Two points of caution though:
  • The stand is pretty rubbish as it's just a plastic rod screwed into the back that looks likely to snap. Much better wall mounted.
  • The alarm is useless. Horribly loud and upsetting and you need to press a button on the back to stop it - where the power button also lives!