dementia cancer

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
DEMENTIA & CANCER

My Thread May 2019
Hi I have dementia for almost twenty years and since February 2019 been diagnosed with a kidney cancer and skin cancers which were removed today see PDF I'm now concentrating on Kidney next MRI scan in September hopefully the cancer hasn't escaped and gone walk about attacking other organs or it might be curtains for me.

Well in December 2020 after a full body scan my cancer had grown over twice in size and the kidney needed to be removed ASP you may remember I was previously told a general anaesthetic could worsen his dementia and give him cognitive impairment for up to 18 months. :confused::D Obviously it was my decision and being a positive person ;);) I gambled and I went into hospital for surgery on 18th January 2021 the kidney was removed Monday morning 18th and I returned home Thursday 21st in afternoon obviously with several Covid patients in other areas of hospital, o_O I want to be discharge as soon as possible :rolleyes: tomorrow it will 2 weeks and I have recovered well so hopefully at my next CT scan it will be positive news that the Cancer I’m completely cancer free :):)

Stay safe
Countryboy

Last edited:

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Thanks guys appreciated

hopefully up hill from here now on my Cancer problem

Not the best time to be going into hospital for major surgery if you have dementia especially this year with Covid everywhere and No support My wife dropped my at entrance of Hospital at 6:50 am I had to make my way to the Ward :confused: ok not to difficult well signed ;) No visits during my stay althought it was nice because it was the same for all patients luckly I was well enough to come home in the afternoon 4 days later :). a nurse carried my bags to rear entrance and I had to stand outside and wait :oops: unfortunately I miss judged the drive time it would take my wife to get there :D ok I was undercover but cold have been inside

but hay 2 weeks ago now sine my admission and surgery and I’m recovering well :):)

Last edited: