Dementia’s journey

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
one thing at a time. concentrate in the moment, bridget might not follow on in the way you think and maybe she will improve so dont despair but hope it might not be as bad and you have time

notsogooddtr

Jul 2, 2011
'Don' t meet trouble half way'A favourite saying of my lovely wise Dad. He had lived through enough trauma to realise that it's pointless to worry about what is out of our control. It's something I try to remember but with limited success. Take care of yourself Peter, your pain and despair is in danger of overwhelming you.

Dutchman

May 26, 2017
Devon, Totnes
Just spoken to the home to find out about Bridget. It seems there is a difference due to her fall and that is her mobility has been affected. She needs someone with her when walking, she’s wobbly. So if that doesn’t improve then she’s not going to be able to have the independence of walking on her own in the home. She’s still in bed so i’m going this afternoon to hopefully see her through the window.

I suppose I was living in denial thinking that the dementia wouldn’t get worse with time and this fall, and this latest news, has shown me how wrong i’ve been. Just hearing the home this morning telling me of Bridget condition has shocked me and i’m physically affected.

Lirene

Sep 15, 2019
Stay strong Peter, Bridget needs your love and support possibly more than ever now. Give her all the encouragement you can to keep her going and live out the rest of her days, be them long or short. Prayers xx

Dutchman

May 26, 2017
Devon, Totnes
Good news. Went to the home this afternoon and Bridget is walking and talking and smiled at me. What a absolute relief. But that’s put me on alert for the future of course. Day at a time, probably best.
All my best wishes

Peterxx

Lirene

Sep 15, 2019
Good news Peter, just take one day at a time. Rest now and sleep. Prayers for you and everyone xx

Dutchman

May 26, 2017
Devon, Totnes
This is a strange thing. About 4 this morning I heard the phoning ringing which could only mean trouble. I checked answer phone and this morning rang the home to check. All ok. It was a dream and just shows how our mind plays tricks on us and even in sleep we’re not left to rest.

JohnGroban

Oct 28, 2020
This is a strange thing. About 4 this morning I heard the phoning ringing which could only mean trouble. I checked answer phone and this morning rang the home to check. All ok. It was a dream and just shows how our mind plays tricks on us and even in sleep we’re not left to rest.

I can relate. I started to sleep with my phone under my pillow and my heart skips a beat with every simple sound of it, any notification or such.
Earlier they called me from the bank to ask me for my feedback and I didn't know the number and still was really scared.