Deleting a post

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Can someone please explain how to delete a post I go into edit/delete but no way that I can see to delete!

For some reason whenever I come on TP I always have a problem with "slowness" and when I post a reply to someone takes ages and I mean ages... then get a duplicate post and then can't delete it.

Thanks Linda

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Linda

simple answer is - you can't. Here are the forum permissions for a member

permissions.jpg

If you PM me a link to the thread/post I can delete the duplicate one for you. I think the other moderators can too.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi Linda. Yes it often happens even to the best of us. Duplicate posts.

Must confess did not realise that members cannot delete their own posts.

If you go into EDIT and then post "delete duplicate post please" I am sure one of the mods on the board would be happy to oblige.
The onus must come from you first.

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Thanks Connie now I need to try and sort out why this site is always so slow for me.

I use other forums and never have this problem but do suspect it is my computer that doesn't like TP for some reason.

Linda

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I often find it takes ages for a post to be accepted, and have sometimes clicked submit again.

But I then get a message saying the post is a duplicate, so it doesn't go.

We used to be able to delete our own posts under the previous system, though.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Linda

The slowness of this site drives me round the bend. Like Hazel, I too get notices I have posted twice as I wait so long I feel it isn`t being taken.

I have found it much better using Mozilla Firefox. You might try it and see if it`s better for you.

I tried to post this message in the early hours as I was up, but the whole site shut down on me.:eek:

Love xx

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Grannie G said:
I have found it much better using Mozilla Firefox

I find I get so many crashes of Internet Explorer, and also performance problems, that I often divert to Firefox. Problem is Internet Explorer is a habit, and I find it hard to break habits!

Anyone wanting to try Firefox can download it from:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/firefox/

It comes free.

I use it for security-critical activities - I don't download bank stuff with Internet Explorer, for example, I use Firefox.

There are also other browsers around - I notice iTunes has brought in Safari

http://www.apple.com/safari/

as an additional browser. I've had a look and it seems quite acceptable.

Last edited:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
There are also other browsers around - I notice iTunes has brought in Safari

I use to use Safari with my Apple Mac , its Rubbish I could not find half the site like I can with Firefox Goggle. Safari would always crash on me , Just shut down out of the blue Or just crash .

I have Windows Vista Lap top now, my apple mac just sit they link up to phone line for my wireless connection .

I wish they never change the setting so that we can not delete are own post like we use to in the past .

I always wondered why they did that ?

Last edited: