1. Sheepteach

Sheepteach Registered User

Sep 4, 2011
    Somerset
    Visiting dad this afternoon, I found him more confused than usual, and just not looking right.

According to his carers notes, his kettle was missing this morning, so she made him a squash instead. Both morning and lunchtime carers had noted that he seemed confused.

Fortunately, I had bought a replacement kettle with me as when I visited on Tuesday dad had broken the lid on the old one! I also saw evidence that dad had left the kettle boiling, - a strip of wallpaper was missing from the ceiling, and water marks down the wall, but no kettle to be found.

After a cup of tea, and read of the newspaper he seemed better.

Could dad's behaviour be to lack of tea, which he can drink for England?!

2. BR_ANA

BR_ANA Registered User

Jun 27, 2012
    Brazil
    I observed that anything worsen my mom cognition. Any disturbance, any discomfort.

So it can be.

3. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    I think dehydration does increase confusion. Might your dad have a urine infection? It might be worth having that checked out.

4. Dunkers58

Dunkers58 Registered User

Nov 9, 2013
    Hampshire
    hi. the observation that he seemed better after a cup of tea suggests it may be dehydration, but as previous posts , would be worth getting checked out for infection.
    bestvwishes