Deferred payment scheme..any experience?

Jac93

Nov 1, 2017
Hi, does anyone have any experience of the deferred payment scheme for paying care Home fees?

Basically my dad went into a care home in November and we set up the deferred payment scheme. The house has now sold but the council have paid no care Home fees and despite our efforts, and the solicitors, to contact the council, no contact can be made and the solicitors cannot release the house funds until they have confirmed there is now no charge on the house. It’s a nightmare and has made everything far more stressful than it needed to be, and 6 months on the care Home haven’t received a penny..
Tia

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If solicitor cannot successfully contact the council try a different approach.
Send a concise,factual email to the council CEO with a copy to your local counsellor.

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
Hi, does anyone have any experience of the deferred payment scheme for paying care Home fees?

Basically my dad went into a care home in November and we set up the deferred payment scheme. The house has now sold but the council have paid no care Home fees and despite our efforts, and the solicitors, to contact the council, no contact can be made and the solicitors cannot release the house funds until they have confirmed there is now no charge on the house. It’s a nightmare and has made everything far more stressful than it needed to be, and 6 months on the care Home haven’t received a penny..
Tia

One ploy that I find works very well is to tell them you will go to the newspapers ! I have done it loads of times and its amazing how they get their acts together if you suggest that you will name names in the local paper!!

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
And tell them that the legal costs and any consequenceal losses you incur will be deducted from their invoice, then give them 7 days to reply.
K

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
I'm surprised that the home have waited so long for payment and not been in contact with the council themselves by now. Hope you get things sorted soon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951