Deferred payment of care home charges

twinklestar

Sep 14, 2014
Following a complicated series of events we are about to enter the deferred payment phase of funding for our mother's nursing home care. We are about to provide the financial assessor with relevant documentation ie house valuation and up-to-date bank statements. Once this particular wheel is in motion, we want to be armed with as much information as possible so we can make the appropriate decisions without undue haste. My brother and I also intend to apply for discretionary disregard of our mother's property.

We would be grateful for any information anyone could provide regarding your experiences whether it is regarding the actual process, the reality, etc. Any information be much appreciated.

Spiro

Mar 11, 2012
Have just checked your previous post about your home.

If you contacted the two charities I mentioned in response to that post, they should have been able to advise you. Age UK in particular can email you leaflets covering this issue.

Last edited:

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
We would be grateful for any information anyone could provide regarding your experiences whether it is regarding the actual process, the reality, etc. Any information be much appreciated.
Is it information on the Deferred Payment Agreement you want?

:)