Deferred payment of care home charges

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by twinklestar, Feb 14, 2016.

1. twinklestar

twinklestar Registered User

Sep 14, 2014
    Following a complicated series of events we are about to enter the deferred payment phase of funding for our mother's nursing home care. We are about to provide the financial assessor with relevant documentation ie house valuation and up-to-date bank statements. Once this particular wheel is in motion, we want to be armed with as much information as possible so we can make the appropriate decisions without undue haste. My brother and I also intend to apply for discretionary disregard of our mother's property.

We would be grateful for any information anyone could provide regarding your experiences whether it is regarding the actual process, the reality, etc. Any information be much appreciated.

2. Spiro

Spiro Registered User

Mar 11, 2012
    #2 Spiro, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    Have just checked your previous post about your home.

If you contacted the two charities I mentioned in response to that post, they should have been able to advise you. Age UK in particular can email you leaflets covering this issue.

3. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
  4. Pete R

Pete R Registered User

Jul 26, 2014
    Staffs
    Is it information on the Deferred Payment Agreement you want?

:)