Deferred payment and moving area

kent2019

Mar 16, 2019
Does anyone have any experience of setting up a deferred payment scheme and then moving to another council area in England?

My dad is in a care home and we recently signed the paperwork to enter into a deferred payment scheme as we are still in the 12 week property disregard period.

My brother has now decided he would like our dad to move to a care home that is closer, but 150 miles from where he currently lives so another county entirely.

Am I right in thinking that now the deferred payment scheme is set up, the first council where the property is situated would still be the one who pay for care in the new (2nd) council area? Brother seems to think it's just a case of transferring the paperwork and new council administering the deferred scheme, but I am not convinced.

I live in Scotland so have already discounted the idea of a cross border transfer.

thanks

Jojo2102

Mar 17, 2019
My MIL is looked after out of county it has got rather confusing as they seem to have forgotten about her and never visit. So yes on Disregard we moved out of county.