Declining in hospital whilst waiting for the Urgent Care Team

SweetPepper

Feb 3, 2022
Mum’s been in hospital for six nights now since a fall last Saturday. Assessment in hospital has decided on the Urgent Care Team putting in carers four times a day at home, and we are waiting for this to happen. I visited today and whilst she looks a lot better and is mobilising better too mentally she’s declined a lot. I managed to not disagree with her comments about various people who are either dead or out of touch visiting her in hospital, really most of my 1hr 15 min visit was a fallacy (not that it matters, and she wasn’t stressed). I read a short story to her whilst she was eating lunch which worked well as she kept on eating instead of speaking.

For the first time today she referred to me by my name, as the carer :-(

Not having had a close relationship with my mother ever, and being the only child and her also being an only child I’ve found myself kicking back over the last few years about caring for her - I need to work for a living and it’s a 24 mile round trip through narrow lanes between our homes- but I actually like her more now than I’ve ever done. I’m hoping that the care situation works and I can visit with less crises…

SweetPepper

Feb 3, 2022
So now my husband has Covid! That’ll complicate things a bit. I rang the hospital and was able to speak to her, she said she was all dressed up because the Queen was going to visit but was very disappointed that she didn’t come. ☹️

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so sorry she has now got covid. I hope she only gets mild symptoms
she said she was all dressed up because the Queen was going to visit but was very disappointed that she didn’t come
Oh bless her, my mum used to talk about the Queen coming to visit too.
xx

SweetPepper

Feb 3, 2022
Im so sorry she has now got covid. I hope she only gets mild symptoms

Oh bless her, my mum used to talk about the Queen coming to visit too.
xx
Thank you, luckily she doesn’t have covid though, it’s my husband! They are talking about her going home tomorrow but I won’t be able to visit for days and days. ?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Ah, sorry I got that wrong.
Please make sure the hospital knows that you and your husband will not be able to care for her if she is sent home.