Decisions to be made - why I feel so bad

Discussion in 'Middle - later stages of dementia' started by Jale, Aug 15, 2018.

1. shaktibhakti

shaktibhakti Registered User

Sep 5, 2016
    brighton
    my mother was expected not to come out of hospital two years ago & when she was discharged she was very sick with catheta in situ...awful,she should ve remained in hospital but this is the system now... amazingly she rallied round, i stayed there on & off for 6 months supported by care package which was ok but not great! now not so well..dont torture yourself when youve done the best you possibly can...big problem is we cant make promises re health as we dont know what will happen in future...for any of us we just dont know....this is life! sounds like you have done the best for her like i have done with my mother...thats all we can do our very best! It dosent make sense to be beating ourselves up, its not helpful to anyone least of all us! We also need to be taking care of ourselves & our health. Truth is nobody wants to suffer but as we say [im yoga teacher] theres suffering everywhere in the world, At some time or another We will all suffer depending on how we look at our circumstances etc..you are just doing your best & thankfully you are around to have been of assistence to your mother who although she is unable to show it Im sure is very appreciative.