Dearest Lionel

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Rejoice with me for today, at any rate.

I brought Lionel home today after a month in respite. How long for this time is anyones guess?.

We have had a lovely few hours, talked, laughed, drank together and now he is safely tucked up for the night.
What will tomorrow bring, I really don't know. His walking is so, so bad. They brought him out of the care home in a wheelchair, but I manage to keep him mobile indoors. His awareness is spasmodic, and understanding likewise.

But HEY he is home so be it for one week, one month, who knows?
Tweedledum (his morning carer) came with me to collect him.....he recocognised us both....has no recollection of who visitied him this past month.

I don't care. I feel so, so rested after my break, he is so, so glad to be home...........TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY

hairwench

Oct 1, 2006
wisbech
Really pleased for you:)
Hope things go as well as possible and you can both make the most of it, he is a lucky man to have you !!!
luv hairwench x

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Connie,

I'm really pleased for you.

Dementia is certainly a condition that teaches us to rejoice at every slightest hint, isn't it, and to seek those moments with ever-increasing keen-ness [or desperation at times, perhaps]

After being a month in respite, it sounds as if Lionel has responded well, as well as your having had a break, yourself.

Good luck, girl, you're doing a fantastic job!

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Connie
so pleased for you,you are a fighter and you deserve some happiness.
Enjoy it whilst you can.
Don't know if that came out as I meant it,but you know what I mean
love
Norman

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Connie, I'm so happy for you. You sound to have had a lovely day yesterday. Make the most of it, you and Lionel deserve so much.

Love,

MrsP

Mar 19, 2005
Dear Connie

Hope you are enjoying the sunshine today (I'm not far from you in jolly old Colchester), I'm glad that you feel reenergised by your month of respite. You are such an inspiration to those of us who are beginners at this challenge. Love Kate x.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Pleased you had a good day and hope you are feeling 'fighting' fit for the next phase. Take care best wishes Beckyjan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Connie, your post moved me to tears. I`m so pleased you have benefitted from your break and are now stronger. I hope you enjoy having Lionel home for as long as possible. Love Sylvia

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hello Connie,

I am so pleased for you and I hope all goes well for you. I hope you both have a good time together.

Very Best wishes

kenc

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
sending love to a very special lady

Dear Connie
I know everyone will agree with me you are such a special person and help and support many i know how hard it is 24-7 with a hubby that you love but --is at times not your hubby --But i do hope you have some special time with lional you dererve it
Sending lots of love Bel x