Dear mum

sheilarees53

Apr 11, 2006
Beckenham Kent
Went in to see mum after work. Spoke to the senior sister while they were getting mum from her room. She told me that mum has deteriorated tremendously in the last couple of weeks. Mum has Lewy Body dementia and apparently a sharp decline is not unusual. The doctor is coming tomorrow and the NH will get him to ring me at work to talk about mum.

The last few times I have seen mum she has been asleep in bed, today was the first time for a few weeks that I have seen her sitting in her wheelchair. I couldn't believe the change in her. I'm afraid I burst into tears when I saw her. She has lost so much weight and looks so very frail. Pale with red rimmed eyes. Although she knew who I was, there was no emotion at all and she didn't look at me like she usually does. I sat and fed her some soup and ice cream, which she did eat but all she wanted to do was go back to bed.

I feel so sad and drained at the moment. Where has my darling mum gone.

Love to you all Sheila

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Sheila,
There`s little anyone can say to make you feel better. The ravages of dementia are so cruel, no words can soften the feelings of despair.
At this stage, I believe you are suffering more than your mother is and I can only offer sympathy.
Love xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Shelia dear, so sorry to read about the deterioration in your mum. It is so very hard to just watch this happen, but what else can we do.

Stay strong, and share with us here on TP if it helps.

It is a journey that we are all taking together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet