Dear Grandma

Tears Falling

Jul 8, 2013
Dear Grandma

I had hoped that the move to the nursing home was going to give you some improved quality to your life. That you would settle and that your new home would be all that we hoped for, for you.

But it wasn't to be. My father called this morning to say you had passed. That you were tucked up in bed, surrounded by the teddy bears that brought you such comfort and that you slipped away. Your daughter, my mother was sobbing her heart out. Hoping she was able to calm herself to allow her to travel to see her family. A difficult journey when you are grieving, even harder when it's combined with dementia.

I have the fondest memoriels of my time spent with you, from long walks, to drinking tea, to pinching hot water bottles from sleeping family members beds and having tomato flavour cup of soup for supper. I still think of you when I have one to this day. My life has been enriched from having you in it. Be happy, shine brightly in the sky so we can see you and give our love to your husband, our grandfather who will no doubt have welcomed you with open arms.

I love you. TF xx

Last edited:

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
No need for more tears then. A peaceful death, happy memories for family, all good. What all families want for their loved ones.

God bless.

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Tears Falling - so sad to read of your family's loss today but sounds as though you had good times with your Grandma through the years. Remember those as you grieve and know that she is at peace with those who loved her before.
Loving thoughts as you face the sad days ahead WIFE

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I too am sorry to read of your loss. Thinking of you and your family and sending my condolences.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
to drinking tea, to pinching hot water bottles from sleeping family members beds and having tomato flavour cup of soup for supper.

This echoes what my eldest said when we rang to tell him that his Nan died yesterday morning...." Goodbye to the lady who thought that fried bread was a perfectly natural tea time snack".

I'm glad you have things to smile about too...hang on to those memories.

with sympathy....Maureen.x.x.

Tears Falling

Jul 8, 2013
Thank you all. Away to my bed to try and sleep away the headache that has been building most of the day. I am hoping that my folks travel home safely tonight and that my mum has some comfort from seeing her sisters and brother today.

She was much loved, I hope that she knew that at the end.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abelbeyene2015