Dear friend

Strawberry fields

Sep 11, 2019
hello there
My dear friend of 50 years has vascular demetia .
she is 65 and has had short term memory loss since age 59 /60 and this has worsened . Her husband is amazing in his care . She looks herself well in appearance as always . She is always perfect with her appearance and make up . She is unable to drive ..and be on her own in the house long . She is now asking all who know her if they knows where she lives ( to enable them to pop by ) .she says daily to her husband when are we going home and think she's in a holiday home. I would like any advice and just thoughts if anyone has a similar experience. many thanks

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
What you are describing is not uncommon.
If you have the time and patience I would recommend just coming onto the site for a few minutes each day and just reading random posts.
Over time you build up knowledge, then when new behaviours appear you are so much more able to deal with them.

If you type into the search bar something like ‘ I want to go home ‘ you can read some previous posts along similar lines.

There is always someone here to answer any subject you choose to post on!

https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/threads/compassionate-communication-with-the-memory-impaired.30801/

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts